Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Rejoice With Me

For I have pasted 2/3rds of my PT test.

Huh? What? You failed? Technically, yes. But I am celebrating because A, I nearly passed all three, B, I made great progress in the last month, and C, the 2 I did pass, I passed with flying colors! My girlfriend can attest to how much time I've been putting in at the gym in prepration for this event, and it's paid off, mostly!

For those that don't know, the APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test) consists of three events. Pushups, Situps and 2 mile run. Those of you that know me know that I am not an athletic person. The pushups and situps are both a measure of how many you can do in 2 minutes. At my age group, passing is 40 pushups, 50 situps and 2 mile run in 16:36. For the pushups, I reached 40 in 1 minute, did 10 more and quit early to save energy for later events. The situps, I hit 46, and couldn't do any more. The run, well, I had no need to save energy at this point, so I went all out......just about dieing in the process.......15:28! 13 seconds slower than my peak in AIT! I'm proud of myself, and my progress! Friday, I start training again for the next one. This one, I will pass!

Laters, yall!

JP OUT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Idaho! We are proud of you and I will eat a popsicle and do no sit-ups, push-ups, or running in your honor tonight!
Love and miss you! Heather (and Dave, though he will probably have cereal instead of a popsicle)...