Friday, August 29, 2008

Been Way Too Long!!!

So, I was going to post this past Sunday, when the internet went down, and it's been down from then till now! Thus, I'm only partly to blame for such a late post.

Anywho, news. Well, I got a letter from home saying there was 3 inches of snow on the ground. After a long confused thought process, I decided to check the date on the letter. Jan 22. It was sent to Ft Dix Jan 29th, returned to sender Aug 9th, and resent to me Aug 22nd. Ya, good job, FT Dix. Glad it wasn't an urgent letter!

My home church celebrated 5 years of services!!! WHOOOOT! The first anniversary that I wasn't able to make! Life goes on! I hear the service was great, being held at the Eureka Lake. The weather cooperated. I wish I could have been there. Yet here, on the other side of the world, I was at a church service on that day, and they gave us an oppertunity to share something about our home church. I got to share that my church was celebrating 5 years! Crosspoint, you have now been named in Iraq! And it didn't cost you a penny to send me over here! :)

I've been running a lot lately. The other day, I ran nearly 10 miles! (Keep in mind, 2 years ago, I couldn't run 1 mile continuously) I'm actually getting a bit addicted to it! It's a great stress relief, and a reminder to eat well, cause you'll feel it when it comes time to run!

The last week or so, I've had deja vu. Something in the environment triggered a memory from home so strongly, that I had to remind myself where I was at. Like one, there's a patch of well watered grass over here. I took off my shoes and walked across it. AHHH! Then later, I smelled something that reminded me of home. I gotta keep my head in the game just a little bit longer!

Once again, my camera is awesome! Been taking tons of pictures. I'm going to be poor after developing the rolls, but it'll be worth it.

On September 11th, it'll be a mixed emotion day for me. We're going to be doing a 10k (about 6mile) run that day, it's the 7th year anniversary of 9-11 (the reason I'm here), and it's my girlfriend's birthday (one of the reasons I miss home so much).

In any case, my time here is coming to a close. As much as I'd like to, I can't put dates/times on here. There are specific people that know back in the states. Contact them for more information.

Thanks, all, for reading!!

JP OUT!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post Jay. Remember...you are coming home soon. Who won the brownie contest????
Beth

Dave & Heather Steinbeck said...

Hey JP--you know, when I was singing on Sunday under the blue sky with the worship team, I thought of you and wished SO MUCH you could have been there with us to celebrate.
Keep runnin' Forrest...you are an inspiration!
I'll be excited to see your pics after you develop them all! Dave got me a Nikon D40 digital for my B-day this past year and it's not uncommon to take a hundred pics in a week! But I can delete the ones I don't like without paying for them, which i like :)
Excited to see you again!
Love, Heather (and Dave) :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jay,
Congrats on your 10 mile run. I wish I could be so determined and able, but I guess I've got a few years on you that slow me down. I guess I'll have to start to get used to the idea that you miss another female -- not just the females at our house! :)
Love ya, Mom