Thursday, August 21, 2008

Good News!

The vinyl records I ordered finally shipped. (To my house! I'm not dumb enough to bring a record player to Iraq! The records would melt in the mail!!!) I got a replacement tube for my amp, so it's working again, and my new film camera (complements of Ebay) has arrived! I am back in business! I gotta say, this camera is freaking sweet!

The Nikon F3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikon_F3

It's the best camera made before auto focus came out. It retailed for $1250 and sold on Ebay for $130. It's built like a tank, but moves like a sports car. Everything is so smooth and well made.....it's nice! It can use film from 6iso to 128000iso (common is 100-800iso). It has all sorts of great features. None of the fluff of modern cameras such as auto focus, auto winding (though I can add this later), built in flash. It's just a highly featured SLR camera, and perhaps the best I could possibly get! Now my lens arsenal are in need of upgrades, but that'll come later on. Well, gotta go shoot some pictures!

JP OUT!

2 comments:

None said...

I'm still confused...

WHY HAVEN'T YOU PUT UP THE WINNERS OF THE BROWNIE CONTEST???!?!?!?!

...just out of curiosity...

Anonymous said...

hey man how have you been?