Sunday, February 10, 2008

Life With Sand

Picture this. You look around in every direction and all you see is more sand! Not even a tree, rock or cactus! It's very easy to get lost if you're not careful!

Anywho, I gotta do this quick. I saw some camels! I snapped a few pictures while they were far away. They came right up to our vehical, but since I was the driver, I had to concern myself with not hitting them! They're large and dumb. Oh, one hump.

Today, I was able to play bass at the camp chapel! They had a acoustic guitar player and a few singers. We had two others from our group playing too. A 1LT on the keys and a PFC on the drums. The drummer is a friend of mine so it was pretty cool to be able to not only worship together, but also play music together! It's amazing that we could come from all across the US and unite in Kuwait through God. The playing was smooth, all things considered! BTW, I would have played electric, but they didn't have an amp.

Gotta go.
Out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's neat to hear you got to play guitar again. Awesome!!
I'll write more later. Mom

Anonymous said...

This is so cool! I can hardly believe I am communicating with you! Glad to hear that you had a good experience in camp chapel! Josh and Gabe and a friend have started a Karaoke/DJ business and so far have been busy enough to be "ooo ooo ooo ooo stayin' alive"(I had to put that in there to be sure you don't start thinking that it is only you youngsters in the family with talent!) This summer they are hoping to do some live C/W entertaining too. Right now they are fine tuning their guitar skills.Don't know much else except that it is REALLY cold here and we have had a lot of snow. Careful around those camels.........they spit at you, I'm told.
God bless and love,
Aunt Susan

Anonymous said...

Hi Jay (or since Jay can also mean J, should I call you Juliet?),
Last time I wrote, it was very brief because I was doing something quite amazing--I was going through the blogspot procedure so I could teach Aunt Susan how to do it. Wow, Red Letter Day: Mom actually taught someone how to do something on the computer!! Okay, as soon as you get over that, I'll tell you something else: I'm finally getting around to trying out my digital camera and here's my confession--I may like it better than my other cameras. This one even does short videos, but it all seems very complicated right now. It makes me nervous to know that a whole bunch of important photos are on a teeny weeny piece of plastic and metal that I could easily lose and then I'd miss out on a lot of neat photos. Well, enough about that.
So, it sounds like your Sunday morning worship time was very encouraging, like an oasis in the midst of a desert. I'm really glad that you are enjoying some aspects of life there. I'm reading the book I showed you called "The Faith of the American Soldier". It is very interesting. I though I'd see if Grandpa would like to read it when I'm done.
I think I'm going to love this blogspot stuff. It makes it feel like you're not so far away. Hopefully, we can set up some Skype time soon.
Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm writing this now to see if there's a way to privately write to you on the blogspot, so I'm going to try a password.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Well, that didn't work. Should I write to you via email? I may sign my messages this way sometimes. Can you dicipher my code?
M ILU M

Anonymous said...

wow! camels! thats awesome! i'm glad you didn't hit any ;)

i think it's great that you are still able to keep in touch through this blog!

if i send you a camera will you fill it up & send it back to me? :)

praying for you!