Saturday, March 8, 2008

I'm Back!

It's been a really hectic few days. As the army is famous for, "Hurry up and wait!" There were many days where we waited around a few hours, then had 8hrs worth of stuff to do in the remaining 5 hrs. It's wonderful........



We've finally made it into real beds. The first time since leaving IL, I've slept in a bed in a room that had proper heat and air. I've been able to unpack for the long haul. I'll get back with pictures once I've established a regular internet connection.



So far, the worst living conditions I've experienced on this whole deployment is the FOB at Fort Dix, NJ. Even the overflow housing is better than the junk we were living in there! The food is better, the shopping is better, it really did suck back in NJ.

So anywho, I gotta go. Time is short and the days are long. (Is that a famous saying? It sounds like it should be.....hmmm)

Oh, I almost forgot, my address was changed one last time. I gave it to my parents about 2 days ago. I was given an incorrect address. So, send away! BTW, the deadline for packages to reach me before my birthday (hint, 19th) is basically today. However, I will be home for leave in early April! Ya, you read me right. So if you want to hold on to em and give em to me in person, that would be fine too. :)

Well, laters!

1 comment:

Arkaon said...

lol - tie fighter!

"A day late and a dollar short." - Anonymous

I leave for my deployment March 31st! Lawls. Aight man, I Love Ya. Keep me posted.

-Steve