Sunday, January 6, 2008

What a Day!

So today was an interesting day. It started off really bad, but got better. I woke up at and unknown time, thirsty as ill get out. I slowly got dressed. I had a headache due to dehydration. I walked to the waterpoint and rehydrated. I came back to the tent and proceeded to get my stuff, unknowing that I was 15 min late at this point. I got a quick, "Hurry up" from my sergeant so I picked up the pace. It took me at least 7 min to gather my stuff. Another sergeant came in and yelled at me for being late. I wanted to kill him! Not literally of course. Saying that kind of thing makes people on edge around here. Perhaps its because we all carry loaded weapons.... anywho.

The day got better. I went to my training. The night shift did very well and they didn't leave a pile of work for me to do. I went about my tasks. The day started slowly so I was able to ease into the training. Apperently I was doing quite well, because about 2/3 into the day, I was told that the Officer in charge of the training mentioned me by name as doing a good job and that I was on top of things. I got a pat on the back from my sergeant. It felt really good. The rest of the day, by comparison was pretty boring. At one point, I went to take a break, and fell asleep. I wasn't woken up until over an hour later! I wasn't intending to sleep more than 10min! Apperently it wasn't really an issue as my shift was over. Got lucky there.

Well, I'm 7min past 1030, my goal for going to bed. Laters!

No comments: