Friday, November 30, 2007

What a long week! We went through the gas chamber a second time. (First time was basic training). This time, however, we had to cover our skin with this charcoal like stuff to decontaminate ourselves. We came out looking like coal miners! Then later this week, we were given a drug test! Yay....wake up at 3am! Thats right, we were up at 0300 and kept up all day. That was a blast *rolls eyes*!!! A few days ago, we did some unarmed self defence training that used principles from Akido. It was pretty crazy! If you did the move right, you could knock the opponant on the ground with minimal force! They also taught us pressure points! Ask me about em when I'm back in town, I'll demonstrate a few! :)

Eventually, I've been told, I will be receiving pepper spray to the eyes! I am NOT looking forward to that. OOOh, and I got to drive a HMMV (pronounced humvee). I'm sure this will get old, but the first time was exciting!

Ok, link time!

First, Paul Potts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxOytYLlhiQ&feature=related
I heard about this in Rob Bell's podcast.

Second,

The 9 Most Bad Ass Bible Verses.
*disclaimer: Site have profanity (If you can't already tell by the title)
From my friend's blog. http://www.arkaonco.blogspot.com/

Laters,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was just listening to Chris Thile sing "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground" and I thought of you. You'll be home in fewer than 30 days! Whoopee! I'm going to a guitar place in Champaign when I get back home to look at some Epiphone LP Customs. Other than that, I'm just psyched to get home. TTYL. Caleb.