Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Frustration

Have you ever met someone that is disorganized? It's almost like watching a guinea pig. It seems like they hop from one activity to another with no plan or order, yet each day seems haphazardly like the one before and the one after. An overall pattern, but not to the point that you could look at your watch and make an accurate guess as to what the guinea pig is doing. My unit is lead by a bunch of overpaid guinea pigs.

In the Military, there is a huge importance placed on the chain of command. Every soldier, from the brand new private, all the way up to 3 star generals have someone of higher rank that they report to. I, as a private first class, have no business talking to a 3 star general, I report to a Staff Sergent. However, I find that most of the time, he has no clue what's going on. Neither does his supervisor, or his supervisor, or his supervisor. If I want to find out what's going on, I'd have to jump straight to the higher ranks. This is highly frowned upon. However, I don't fault any of my supervisors as the problem lies higher up. Those on top are fighting for control and forgetting that us lower ranks are present. Every day, it's a suprise.

Needless to say, it's hard to fearlessly follow your leaders when your confidence goes about as far as you can throw them. At least those I will be on missions with are competent. In any case, it's frustrating to no end to have no idea how to run your day. I just have to take it one day at a time.

No comments: