Thursday, May 22, 2008

Contest! Winner Receives $$$!!!

Ok y'all. Time for a little fun. I'm calling on all of my readers to participate! I'm in need of supplies and I figured I'd have some fun requesting it. Thus, I will hold a contest. Make that two contests!

Contest 1: Chocolate covered coffee beans
When the days get long, I need a little boost of caffine to keep me going. I'm not a fan of most energy drinks, soda dehydrates you, and coffee takes to long to make in the middle of the day. Thus, chocolate covered coffee beans is a perfect alternative. Some possibilities, spread coffee beans out on a cookie sheet and pour melted chocolate over it. Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, bold coffee, flavored coffee, blended coffee, ground coffee. Creativity is encouraged.

Contest 2: Brownies
Everybody knows how to make brownies, but only a few make brownies so good, you swear God himself made them! Creativity is encouraged! Just please leave the nuts out of em. This will lower your score in the first catigory.

The rules:
Both items will be judged in five equal catigories, each worth 20 points:

Taste (Personal opinion)
Order of arrival (First one to arrive gets the maximum 25 points in this catigory.)
Popularity (I will conduct a survey with a small panel of judges carefully selected from my peers.)
Packaging (How well preserved they are. Please note, excessive packaging can cause a loss of points. If it requires a knife and a welding torch to open, you will receive a 0 in this catigory. Use judgement here)
Amount (Too small of amount will make the popularity test invalid. Too large of amount will cause decay before they can be consumed. I don't want to have to bring any of these brownies home with me! Again, use judgement here)

The winner of each contest will receive a check in the mail for $20.
If there are more than 5 participants, 2nd place will recieve $10.

Please note, store bought, pre-packaged items are only eligible for $10 ($5 if 2nd place).

This contest begins on May 22nd and lasts until June 21st. Including one week for shipping time, that gives you just over 3 weeks to prepare some thing and send it in the mail.

Winners will be announced on June 25th.

This contest is open to all readers of this blog, that have my address. If you know me in real life, then you know how to contact my church or my parents for my address. All others are ineligible to participate.

May the best cook win!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds fun. I guess you will get lots of brownies.
Beth

None said...

I'm going to win that brownie contest! :)

Anonymous said...

can i just have a 20 dollar check due to effor?
-natalie

Anonymous said...

Yum--I just experimented with making dark chocolate fudge with instant coffee crystals, but I don't think it will survive the mail. I guess I'll have to suffer through eating it!
Mom

Arkaon said...

Lawl. Jason, you are a whore. I hope you realise this. However, I think I picked right when I picked my best man.

I Miss ya bud. Hit me up on blog or email sometime.

Also *drumroll*



I JUST BOUGHT A LAPTOP!

C:/killself.exe

Actually, Its not bad. First, I want to tell you the story.

Friend of mine puts a laptop up for sale on a notebook forum that I have been frequenting to ask questions about owning one of the horrid little devices.

Says its for 2400 originally 4200. I think, yeah right. I look at spec's and prices on dell. Sure enough, roughly 4200 at time of purchase.

Now the spec's because i know your dieing to know.

Intel Core Duo 2.6GHz Penryn
4gigs Ram Only 667MHz :(
Dual Nvidia 8700's GT 512mb SLi
2x250 WD 5400 Raid 0 drives
Vista Ultimate (rather XP but oh wells)

Crazy!

So, I'm officially joining the ranks of the laptop owners. man thats unfortunant.