Thursday, December 6, 2007

Temporary Blindness: The conclusion

My eye has finally nearly healed. Just slight blurryness remaining. Man, was that an ordeal! I should be back to regular training this afternoon. I've got one more appointment on monday.

I just found out that our chaplin is non-deployable due to medical issues! He was a good guy too! I'm going to miss him. It's really unfortunate because I was just starting to get to know him too. Supposedly, they're going to transfer in another chaplin. I really hope so. It's good to have that one person you know you can talk to that's right there with you.

Ok, a complete shift of topic...I just heard about my friend's art show.....best story I've heard in a long time!

The saga continues...

I just heard this story this morning. My friend was called into an administrator's office last week. They thought he might be considering shooting up the school!! For his art show he redid a well known ad, National lampoon's "If you don't buy this magazine i'll shoot your dog". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Lampoon He found the add over Thanksgiving break and redid it to say "Go to my art show or i'll shoot your dog". Overall, the show itself went really well. However, that wasn't the end of the issues. My friend's top art teacher, the students are supposed to buy their frames from his frame business, but my friend refused to spend that kind of money. Also, The student's are supposed to use the graphic place he recommends to do your art show announcements....$500 by the way for the cards. He refused. So in retaliation (sp) the teacher refused to send his's referral letter to a college in Maine! Last update, things are being straightened out. I have to say, that's one of the most rediculous things I've heard in a long time!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey jay! glad to hear that your eye is doing better! and glad to hear that you'll be home for christmas! i didn't totally understand the art show story...you'll have to update us at christmas. we are praying for you...stay strong. love ya and miss ya, bree (and erik and baby j)