Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Check this out!

I've been listening to a Podcast from Crosspoint Community Church. This last Sunday, they did something amazing: A reverse offering! That's right, they gave money out to the attenders!!! The topic of the sermon was how loving and giving go hand in hand. And how can a church teach about giving when it's not willing to give itself? You can read about it below.

http://crosspointcc.blogspot.com/2007/12/gift-of-giving-cash-giveaway.html

Also, be sure to check out the accompanying podcast.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=268842654

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's REALLY cool! I think your church must have something sweet going on. I need to visit there again sometime. My church has elected to add on, making a new family/children's section. At one point about a year ago, my dad mentioned that perhaps our church should do something radical, like give the hundreds of thousands of dollars that we had saved away to others or other churches! Honestly, I thought it was a pretty sweet idea. We never proposed it to our leaders; maybe we should have. I'm so happy to hear that your church isn't locked into tradition and isn't afraid to do something radical once in a while! Love you and miss you (can I say that on here?). See you in a few weeks! Caleb.