Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Heat Exhaustion

"If you experience heat exhaustion, you’ll feel weak, dizzy, tired, nauseated, and thirsty. You may have a headache or cramps. Your temperature will rise (to as high as 104 degrees). Stop whatever you are doing, get out of the sun or heat and get inside—preferably to an air-conditioned room, or sit or lie down in front of a fan. Drink a quart or more of water or an electrolyte-replacement sports drink until symptoms are relieved and urine flow is restored. Avoid strenuous physical activity."

It happened. As much as I tried to avoid it, it happened. Heat exhaustion is essentially where your body gets to hot, or too dehydrated or both and it's a warning sign of much worse if not treated. I suppose it couldn't have been too bad, because I was still standing, and I knew enough to get inside and drink, but man, it sucks! It was like a sugar crash, with a pounding headach, feeling like you're going to throw up, and that your skin is being bitten or burned. All the while, you feel drunk and pissed off. The worst part is I knew I hadn't drank enough water, but since I felt ok up to that point, I figured I was fine.

But the good news is, by the next day, I was feeling 90% of normal, and just a few hours after that, I felt good again. No lasting damage, thank God! It definately could have been much worse!

Thank you all for your continued prayers!!!

P.S. I have not bought that guitar, I'm just dreaming.

JP OUT!

4 comments:

Arkaon said...

Heya man! Yeah I have a DSN and Skype number. Though I don't want to put either out on the interwebs. Do you have email?

You can email me @

steven.hollaway@eur.army.mil

So yeah, hit me up (Use yer .mil account man) and we can talk comsec and be in the clear.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Sorry to hear about your bad experience with heat. We're just glad you are OK. Keep your eye on the mail. Package from your 4-H family is coming your way! That should make you feel better! :)

Take Care!

Theresa and Paul and the kids!

Anonymous said...

Jason, that is too bad that you had to experience the heat exhaustion. Rumor has it that once you have, you are more susceptible..........don't know if that is true or not, just watch it, Buddy!!!

My love and prayers are always with you!

God bless and thanks,
Aunt Susan

Anonymous said...

Someone somewhere has said, "Live and learn"--but I'm sure you would have liked to learn about heat exhaustion another way. Glad that you're better now. I'll try to email again soon.
Mom